Secret Admirer Revealed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carrie headed back into the bathroom and plugged the hair dryer and the curling iron in. After running the brush quickly through her hair she grabbed the blow dryer and turned it on, quickly drying her hair. Carrie grabbed the curling iron and curled her hair softly around her face. Not wanting to over do it, Carrie applied a very light coating of make up, just enough to highlight her facial features. Heading back to the bedroom, Carrie stopped by the dryer and pulled the warm skirt out, satisfied to see that most of the wrinkles had come out. Slipping into the bedroom she pulled a pair of lacy panties and a matching bra out of her drawer before donning her outfit. After a quick glance in the mirror Carrie was satisfied with her appearance and grabbing her book she headed back into the living room. After grabbing a Dr. Pepper out of the fridge, Carrie settled in for what she assumed would be a long wait.

Barely a half hour had passed when Carrie heard a knock on her front door. Feeling only slightly nervous, Carrie got up off the couch and smoothed her skirt into place before going to the door. Opening the door she was met with what she expected, Brian standing there with a single red rose held in his large hands. Carrie couldn't help the smile that played across her face.

"So it is you," Carrie said lightly.

"Who? Me?" Brian said confused.

"Well, you're the only man I see standing at my front door with a rose," Carrie said laughing.

"Yeah but, if I remember correctly, you were getting a dozen roses," Brian said.

Carrie thought back to all the roses she had already gotten and counted them up. A frown crossed her face as she realized that Brian was right, the one that he held would be number eleven, so that meant that there was still one that was unaccounted for.

"So, you're in on this too, huh?" Carrie asked lightly.

"Yup, I'm just the delivery boy this time."

Carrie was still trying to figure out who could be behind the roses, if it wasn't Brian, when a deep husky voice came from behind Brian.

"Trying to steal my thunder, huh Bri?"

"Nope, would never even think of that," Brian said over his shoulder before turning to Carrie, "laters Carrie." When Brian finally moved out of the way and Carrie could see who it was, she felt the breath leave her lungs.

"Matt," was all she could muster. Carrie had never for one second thought about it possibly being Matt. The more she thought about it, the more sense it made. Matt had stopped by her office on numerous occasions, but she had never realized that he might like her. Sometimes Carrie felt like she was just a complete idiot. The signs had been there for a couple months, but they had flown right over her head.

"Hope you're not disappointed," Matt said smiling and bending down and brushing his lips against Carrie's cheek. "Happy Valentine's Day, Carrie."

"Happy Valentine's Day, Matt," Carrie said before stepping out of the doorway, "come in."

"Thanks Carrie," Matt said, stepping past where she stood at the door. As he walked into the living room he looked around him. "Nice place," he commented.

"It's home," Carrie replied, feeling slightly giddy inside. She had always thought Matt was extremely good looking, but she had never thought that he might return the compliment. "So uh... what... why..." Carrie stammered, before finding her voice. "Why me Matt?"

"Well, somebody needed to bring a smile to your face, and I really wanted that someone to be me," Matt said, knowing that it sounded sappy, but meaning every word.

Carrie felt the blush rising up her face, but had no way of stopping it. Trying to give herself a minute to compose herself, Carrie walked over and sat down on the couch. "So uh... what did you have planned?" Carrie questioned.

"Well, it would ruin the surprise if I told you," Matt said, his eyes twinkling. "Why don't we get going and then you'll see," Matt said, holding out his hand.

Carrie was nervous as she placed her small hand in his larger one. She didn't know the last time she'd actually been out on a date. Her last boyfriend had turned out to be a royal jerk and she just hadn't really had the desire to date since then. They were just getting ready to walk out the door when Carrie remembered the roses and added the newest two to the vase on the coffee table, making the dozen complete.

"It was really sweet of you," Carrie said as they were walking down the corridor. She was mildly surprised when she saw Matt's cheeks turn red.

"Well, uh... I kinda wanted to get your attention," Matt said before cursing himself for sounding lame.

"Well, you did that and more," Carrie said, flashing a smile at Matt.

"Good," was all Matt said, giving her hand a squeeze.

Carrie felt extremely feminine on the way out to Matt's car. He was proving to be a real gentleman as he opened doors for her and helped her get seated in his metallic blue Toyota tundra. Carrie smiled softly as she held her hands nervously in her lap. She smiled as Matt climbed into the truck and started it up. As though he sensed her nervousness he reached over and grasped one of Carrie's hands, squeezing reassuringly.

The ride to their destination was fairly quiet, with the two of them making very little small talk. About an hour later they pulled up to where Matt was taking Carrie and Carrie's mouth dropped open in surprise.

"Hogle Zoo?" Carrie asked stupidly after Matt had gotten out of the truck and came around and opened her door.

"Yep, I try to go every couple of years."

"I love the zoo; it's just been awhile since I went. The last time I went was with my dad. The last time I went was the year before he died, when I was 16. It just never seemed the same after that," Carrie finished, her voice cracking slightly.

"If you'd rather go somewhere else..." Matt began, only to be interrupted.

"No, it's okay, I just could never face it alone before."

"Well, you're not alone this time, so let's go see the aminals," Matt said, purposely mispronouncing the word.

"Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY," Carrie answered, chuckling slightly.

"Let's go make new memories," Matt said softly, enfolding Carrie's hand in his.

"Sounds good," Carrie replied softly.

Matt and Carrie walked toward the entrance and after paying the fee, Matt led Carrie around the zoo. It was just like she had remembered it, only more animals than before. As they approached the wolf pen, Carrie started to get giddy. Her favorite animals at the zoo had always been the wolves and the cougars. As they got closer, Carrie felt a wave of disappointment; she didn't see the wolves anywhere. She looked in every nook and cranny that she could spot and let out a sigh when she couldn't find them.

"What's wrong Carrie?"

"Oh nothing, I just love seeing the wolves."

"I'm sure they'll come out," Matt said softly.

"Eventually. It was always funny; I was always disappointed if I didn't see them. I don't remember how many times my dad sat with me just waiting for a glimpse of one of them."

Matt thought for a few minutes about the rest of the day's plans and decided that things would just have to be rearranged. Spotting a bench set just to the side of the wolf pen, Matt pulled Carrie over to it. After sitting down, Carrie looked at him quizzically.

"What are we doing Matt?"

"We're waiting."

"You don't have to do this," Carrie said, feeling slightly guilty.

"I want to. Today is for you, and if you want to see the wolves then we will stay right here until they come out," Matt said, reaching up with his free hand and brushing Carrie's hair gently back from her face. "This is obviously important to you, so that makes it important in my book."

Matt and Carrie sat for a while making small talk before they just sat in companionable silence, keeping a close eye on the pen in front of them. About an hour later, Matt saw what he was waiting for and nudged Carrie's shoulder lightly.

"Carrie? Look, right there," Matt said, pointing at where he had spotted the white wolf.

"Oh god, he's gorgeous," Carrie breathed, taking in the long haired white wolf, its movements graceful. There was just something about wolves that had always seemed to draw her in. There was just a certain knowledge that shined in a wolf's eyes that completely entranced her.

"Yes, he is," Matt replied, watching as the wolf moved stealthily through the trees that encompassed its den.

They continue to watch the wolf for a few minutes when it disappeared again. Carrie turned shining eyes to Matt and smiled up at him.

"Thank you Matt, no one but dad has ever been willing to wait with me."

"Like I said, it was important to you, so no worries."

After the wolves, Carrie continued around the zoo with Matt, still in wonder at how he had just waited with her. She never knew why it was so important to her to see the wolves, but there was just something about them that made her feel better. After visits to the rest of the animals, Carrie and Matt were on their way out the gate when Matt changed directions. He headed into the gift shop and they wandered around for a while until Matt found what he was looking for. At first he passed it by, hoping that Carrie wouldn't notice. A few minutes later he led her outside before making the remark that he had forgotten something and would be right back. Minutes later he walked back out with a huge stuffed wolf held under one arm. Walking up to Carrie, he handed her the stuffed wolf before leaning over and very lightly brushing his lips against Carrie's surprised ones.

"Oh god Matt, you shouldn't have," Carrie exclaimed after she'd regained her voice.

"Yes, I should have, I knew they would have one. I wanted to get you some souvenir from this trip, and after I seen how much you loved the wolves, well, this made perfect sense."

Carrie didn't know how she could argue with that so she accepted gratefully and wrapped her free arm around Matt's neck, giving him a heartfelt hug. "Thank you Matt."

"Anytime."

Once back in the truck, Matt headed back towards home, smiling as he thought about how well the day had gone. As he realized that they wouldn't be able to make the sunset since the sun was already low in the sky he decided on another course of action. Despite the fact that he still had a half a tank of gas, Matt made the excuse that they needed to stop and fill up the tank. As he jumped out of the truck he dialed a number on his cell phone. After explaining what he needed, he paid for the gas and climbed back in, satisfied that everything would be taken care of by the time they got back into town.

"So what's next on the agenda," Carrie asked lightly.

"You'll see," Matt answered, a slight smile curving his lips.

A short time later, Matt pulled up into the driveway of a small house. To Carrie it actually looked more like a cottage or maybe even a mother in law house. Carrie climbed out of the truck and followed Matt up the steps before asking.

"Whose house is this?"

"Mine," Matt answered, hoping that he hadn't just gone too far.

"Oh, okay," Carrie said agreeably. Carrie didn't know what Matt had planned, but she was sure that if it was anything like the trip to the zoo that she was going to love it. Carrie waited while Matt unlocked the door and then walked through the door that Matt held open for her. The site that greeted her eyes was beyond anything that she had been expecting. A coffee table had been moved against the far wall of the large room and a red and white checkered table cloth was spread out in the middle of the living room. Two plates were set on the tablecloth and next to them were a couple of wine glasses and forks. Scattered on every available surface were dozens of tea light candles, all of them lit and infusing the room with a light glow. Playing on the stereo was some soft, sultry music.

Carrie turned wondering eyes to Matt, wondering how on earth he could have possibly had this set up. He had been gone for most of the afternoon and from the looks of it, the tea light candles couldn't have been burning for too long. The wax had just barely started to melt.

"How on earth..." Carrie started.

"I had a little help," Matt said, coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her. He hoped that he wasn't coming on too strongly, but he had spent months trying to figure out the best way to approach her. About two weeks before he had come up with idea of Valentine's Day.

"Have a seat," Matt said softly, motioning towards the couch. "I need to get the food ready."

Carrie took the proffered seat before looking around the room, noting how the décor was largely Native American. Her gaze was captured as she looked at a picture of her boss with Matt and some woman. As Matt walked in, Carrie asked him, "Who's that?"

"That would be me, Jordan, and Jordan's sister," Matt answered lightly.

"Oh, and are these your parents?" Carrie said lightly, pointing to another framed photograph.

"Yeah, that's Mom and Dad. They were high school sweethearts and have been together ever since," Matt said before setting the basket he was carrying in the center of the tablecloth. Extending a hand out to Carrie, Matt helped her off the couch and waited until she was sitting with her legs tucked under her before moving and taking a seat across from her. Opening the basket, Matt took out a bottle of wine that looked to be a deep red wine. Taking Carrie's glass, Matt poured some of the deep red liquid into it before handing it to her and filling his own. Reaching into the basket again, Matt started pulling out food.

Carrie watched in amazement as he pulled stuff out. It started out as just regular picnic food, fried chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, Ritz crackers, sliced cheese, and olives. Then he surprised her and pulled out what Carrie was sure was desert, chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered cherries.

They slowly made their way through the dinner, talking a little bit in between bites. Finally, Carrie put her napkin down and sat there, watching Matt. Within moments Matt set his napkin down and picked up a strawberry, placing it at her lips. Carrie blushed slightly as she ate it before doing the same for him. They made their way through the strawberries and cherries and then Matt placed everything back in the picnic basket and took the basket and the dishes into the kitchen. He helped Carrie up from where she still sat on the table cloth and led her over to the couch before folding the table cloth and setting it aside. Turning on the TV, Matt turned to Carrie, holding two movies up for her decision. Carrie was surprised to see the movies "Dirty Dancing" and "Sweet Home Alabama". She had always been a sucker for "Sweet Home Alabama" and quickly picked it.

Matt popped the DVD into the DVD player before joining her on the couch, pulling her over to lean lightly against him. They sat cuddled together throughout the movie, and Matt would have sworn that he seen tears in Carrie's eyes during the last scene on the beach. Most of the candles had burned out by the time the movie was over and Matt picked up the remote, hitting the stop button. They sat cuddled together in the comfortable silence before Matt gently sat Carrie up and turned her to face him.

"Carrie?"

"Yes Matt?"

"So what's your answer?"

"My answer?" Carrie asked confused. She didn't know exactly what Matt had asked her, and she knew he hadn't asked her anything within the last little while.

"Will you be my Valentine?" Matt said softly, smiling softly at Carrie and reaching out to gently cup her cheek in his hand.

Carrie couldn't seem to be able to form words and finally had to settle for just nodding her head. She smiled back at Matt whose grin had gotten bigger. Moments later she felt Matt's lips gently moving over hers as he pulled her into his arms, holding her as if she was as fragile as a porcelain doll. Carrie didn't know how long they sat their, their mouths lightly exploring before Matt pulled back and got up, moving to put the other DVD into the player. When he came back to the couch he didn't sit next to her as Carrie expected, but rather eased her down on the couch before moving behind her, wrapping an arm around her and holding her back against his solid chest and sliding his other arm under her head for a pillow.

Carrie knew that this position couldn't be comfortable for Matt, but when she tilted her head back and looked up at him she found that he was using a throw pillow for his own head. Snuggling into the warm arms encasing her, Carrie relaxed and watched the movie. Sometime between the moment when Patrick Swayze got fired and the end of the movie, Carrie drifted to sleep. The last thought on her mind was that maybe Valentine's Day wasn't so bad after all.

12