Killing Me Softly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charlotte heard her mother's voice and she began to bounce up and down with excitement when Erica picked her up. "Hey sweetie!" Erica cooed into her soft hair. "Have you been a good girl today?"

"She's been lovely as always," said Hannah.

Charlotte squirmed in Erica's arms and made enthusiastic noises.

"Okay sweetie, let's get you home. Auntie Clare is babysitting while mummy and daddy go out."

"Oh that sounds fun -- anywhere nice?" Hannah asked in a friendly tone.

"We're just going to the cinema and then for a meal after. Nothing fancy," she smiled.

Fancy wasn't important though. What was important was the time they spent together as a couple. Since the weekend away four months ago, things had improved a hundred times over. Chris had realised just how hard she found it coping with Charlotte and she had made a huge effort to allow him to help her more.

Life wasn't perfect -- but it was a whole lot better. Erica grabbed Charlotte's changing bag and said her goodbyes to the nursery staff. "See you on Friday!" she called as they left and Charlotte waved her hand over her shoulder.

Clare was coming round for six o'clock and Chris had promised he wouldn't be late. That gave her just enough time to get Charlotte ready for bed and allow her to change into something nice for going out.

She felt herself tingle with anticipation when she thought of the new lingerie she had bought to show off. She knew Chris would appreciate it and the thought of him removing it slowly was enough to paint a smile on her face all the way home. There was a lot to be said for being happily married, she thought dreamily.