Alone for the Holidays

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I asked her, "What friend are you going to visit and spend the holidays with?"

She laughed just like Sophie used to and said, "You, George, you're the friend I want to spend the holidays with if you will have me. I know I'm not Sophie and I'm an older women but I'm lonely too, George."

I started crying and started apologizing for my actions the last time she came to visit. Of course I wanted her here. I couldn't think of anyone alive that I wanted more to be with. To say she was beautiful or gorgeous would seem funny to people since she was 59 years old, but to me she was. She looked great for her age.

She said, "Don't apologize, George. I wanted you to kiss me but I needed to think things out and have a talk with you first."

I took her coat and asked her to sit down. I remembered the gun on the table. I quickly took it and put in the drawer. When I turned around Helen was standing there. She didn't see the gun but the Jim Beam was still there. She looked at me and said, "Would you like some coffee, George?" She then took the Jim Beam, put it in the cupboard and started making coffee. God, it felt so could just having her here. She looked at me and said, "George, if we are going to enjoy the holidays, don't we need a little decorations?" as she smiled at me.

I headed downstairs to get our little tree and decorations. Together Helen and I set up the little tree and put on some Christmas music. Then she said she would be right back. She went out to the car and brought me in a little present and set it under the tree. I went into my bedroom and brought out a gift I had bought for her. I had stopped at the store a couple of weeks ago to get the kids each gift certificates for their familys. While I was there I bought a necklace for Helen and had it gift wrapped. I was going to give it to her the day she left. I put it under our little tree next to the present she bought me.

Then she began to explain things to me. "George, you know that I have always cared for you. Sophie knew it, too. You know how close Sophie and I were. She loved you, George, she loved you deeply. You also know that she never really forgave you for the affair until her last days. Yes, George, I know all about the affair. She told me you tried everything to make it up to her but she just couldn't let it go. I told her many times to let it go but she just said she couldn't."

"I loved my husband, George. Ted was a wonderful man. We had a wonderful life together. I'll always remember him. He'll always be in my heart just like Sophie will always be in yours. But, George, I have always loved you too. I know you knew it but you belonged to Sophie."

"You know that Sophie talked to everyone before her death. George, Sophie was worried about you. She said she didn't know if you could make it through life alone. The last thing she said to me was, "Helen, take care of my George. I know he loves you, too. He's a good man but I'm afraid he won't make it on his own. He needs plenty of love and attention. He's stubborn as an ox and won't listen to you. But he is a wonderful man and you need him, too, Helen."

I was crying again. Damn, grown men aren't suppose to cry and that's about all I do anymore. I looked at Helen and said, "Sophie was right, you know. I've always had feelings for you. Other than Sophie, you're the only person I truly care for," as I gave her a hug.

I then asked Helen how long she was going to stay. We could go get something to eat and come back and open our gifts. We both laughed knowing there was only one present apiece under the tree.

Then it happened. Helen looked at me and said, "George, I'll stay forever if you'll have me."

Tears again as I kissed her. I told her that was fine with me

Sophie was right. She was my guardian angel.

*

Thank you for reading my story

DG Hear

12